Mango Macadamia Oatmeal Cookies
If you’re looking for a unique and tropical twist on classic oatmeal cookies, these Mango and Macadamia Nut Cookies are just the ticket. Packed with the sweet and tangy flavour of Nibblish Gently Baked Mango, and the rich, buttery crunch of roasted macadamia nuts, these cookies are sure to satisfy your sweet tooth with a delightful island-inspired taste. Let’s get started on this fantastic recipe!
- 1 ½ cups of water (optional)
- 1 cup of Nibblish mango
- 1 cup of chopped roasted macadamia nuts
- 1 large egg
- 1 ¼ cups plain flour
- ¾ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon allspice
- 1 ¼ cups rolled oats
- 1 ½ teaspoons of pure vanilla extract
- 170 g of unsalted butter (softened)
- 1 ½ cups light brown sugar
- Zest of 1 lime
1. Prepare the Mango
- You can use the mango as is or soften in warm water.
- To soak the Mango, get 1 1/2 cups of warm water in a bowl and add the mango pieces to soak for 5 minutes.
- Pat dry with a paper towel.
2. Prepare the Cookie Dough
- In a mixing bowl, add the softened butter, brown sugar, and lime zest. Beat on medium speed until the mixture becomes light and fluffy, which should take about 1-2 minutes.
- Add the egg and vanilla extract, and continue beating until everything is thoroughly combined, which will take another 1-2 minutes.
- Slowly add the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and allspice, until combined.
- Add the oats and stir until everything is evenly distributed.
- Roughly chop the roasted macadamia nuts and add them to a medium mixing bowl along with the softened mango. Stir them together and set aside.
3. Divide and Refrigerate the Cookie Dough
- Use an ice cream scoop to divide the cookie dough into portions.
- Refrigerate the cookie dough while you preheat the oven.
4. Preheat and Bake
- Preheat your oven to 180°C.
- Bake the cookies for 15-16 minutes.
- Remove the cookies from the oven and allow them to cool on the baking sheet for 5-10 minutes.
- Then, transfer the cookies to a wire rack to cool completely.